You will be leading a Regional Network Operations Center (NOC) team of IT Support Engineers to provide technical support for Amazon’s Operations team who fulfill our customer promises millions of times a day. The technology varies but Amazon’s core IT infrastructure is fully redundant and relies upon top tier vendor hardware networked over fiber optic, copper, and wireless topologies. Your internal customers, whether human, robotic, or mechanical, use mobile computing devices, thin clients, integrated computer, and PCs running Windows, Linux, and Android operating systems to virtually and physically move ecommerce items from our suppliers into our fulfillment centers shelves, from those shelves into packaging, those packages into cars, trucks, and airplanes for delivery to front doors around the world.
Key job responsibilities
Key responsibilities include:
* Hire, train, and develop a team of IT Support Engineers.
* Support all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all associates.
* Interact with management and staff to provide technical assistance for continuous improvement of IT solutions.
* Establish and maintain a positive, productive relationship with operational partners, customers, key stakeholders, and staff.
* Lead infrastructure monitoring, audits, and change activities supporting Amazon facilities.
* Plan, organize, schedule, and supervise the day-to-day technical support activities, including troubleshooting, customer service incidents, approvals, and installations.
* Measure, monitor, and maintain team’s ability to meet or exceed contact and resolution Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Mean time to Recover (MTTR).
* Develop and maintain policies, procedures, and processes.
* Create, manage, and support recognition and communication programs.
A day in the life
The NOC Technical Support Manager will manage a team of 6-20 support engineers covering 12 hour daily shift 365 days of the year. In addition to hiring, managing, and developing the team, the NOC Manager will oversee operation of the NOC and report to the Global NOC Leader in North America.
About the team
The NOC Team monitors over 2500 Amazon Fulfillment and Delivery sites world wide focusing on infrastructure, devices, and applications service outages to detect and recovery from high severity customer impacting incidents.
Bachelor’s degree or 4+ years relevant professional, industry or military experience.
5+ years of experience developing a team of technical professionals across multiple locations.
Experience working with stakeholders to communicate issues while balancing business expectations.
Leadership experience in a 24×7 operation supporting physical IT infrastructure (compute, network, storage).
Experience managing a Network Operations Center supporting Global Organization’s infrastructure, network architecture and client server technology.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or Technical discipline.
Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and fast-paced IT environment and capable of motivating teams
Experienced in making data-driven decisions.
Established time management skills with the ability to direct multiple projects simultaneously.
Experience in procurement, budgeting, forecasting, and asset management.
Proven skills in leadership development and team building.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
Job Family Descriptor Interact with customers of IT to understand customer requirements, Align IT Tools/ Applications and Support Systems for...Apply For This Job
We’re Hiring IT Sales Manager for Reputed IT Company !!! Call | Whatsapp:9773322877 | [Confidential Information]Job Description :We are seeking...Apply For This Job
Description Classroom education in India has stifled many brilliant minds. With Unacademy, India’s largest education platform, we are changing that....Apply For This Job
Job DescriptionDescription:Plan and set direction for multiple concurrent projects of varying or a large (enterprise/cornerstone) project that supports several businesses...Apply For This Job
Job Description Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security...Apply For This Job
5+ years of deep technical experience working on DDI environments using Infoblox, QIP, BIND, Bluecat. • Experience with F5 BIG-IP...Apply For This Job